Friday, April 16, 2010

Digital Photography: Resources

My Digital Photography class, which cost $65 for three classes and a field trip, was taken through the Las Cruces Museum of Art. Putting together this series, What I Learned in My Digital Photography Class, on my blog has really helped me to organize and better understand the mass of information that overwhelmed me during the all-too-brief meetings with our very brilliant and talented instructor.

As I worked my way through the details, I came across quite a few resources that I would like to share with you. Some were mentioned previously; and some are to give you ideas and information far beyond anything I could tell you!

Basic Digital"Your Personal Guide to Digital Photography"--equipment reviews, tutorials on shooting, editing, organizing your photos. reviews and ratings, by brand and by type.

Lensmodern--Online photographic handling agency, beautiful images.

PBase--Browse images and galleries, see photograph and camera information. If you are considering a particular camera, see what kinds of photos people are taking with that model.

Photo Editing Software--All are programs available online--basic versions of all but iPhoto and Photoshop are free.
GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation Program

Photofocus, a blog by Scott Bourne (recommended in one of the comments on this blog by The Fabulous Penguin). It's full of useful tips and lessons., critiques, discussions, and tutorials.

Pioneer Woman Photography--Tutorials from Ree Drummond, with clear, easy-to-understand explanations and lots of excellent photograph examples. Ree runs contests every once in a while and the entries are really something to see! Great prizes, too.


the7msn said...

I've really enjoyed your class summaries. Here are two more resources:
Among all the other information on his site, I particularly appreciate the camera manuals he has written. The one he wrote for my camera makes way more sense than the manufacturer's...and the type is large enough to read!

Damien Franco said...

Great round up of photography resources.

There are a few others I would recommend as well.

and a shameless plug with

FYI - You now have me as an RSS subscriber.