Monday, April 21, 2014

A Vintage-Style Easter Table


Beautiful Spring! It just perks me right up. I never thought I'd be blogging again here, and just look at the posts lately--full of color. Bright red chairs on the patio! Flowers blooming in the garden! Lots of exclamation points!

I didn't spend any time at all on this table for Easter--nary a chick or bunny or flower arrangement in sight but, as Auntie Bucksnort pointed out, the colors were rather nice. I wish you could see the blue border on that faux-vintage fashionably-wrinkled ordered-from-Amazon tablecloth.

I was just making a rather prosaic baked ham with some green beans and fresh tomatoes on the side, but then good friends arrived, bringing a vegetable antipasto mixture with fancy crackers, strong Canadian beer, polenta (in the photo next to the tomatoes), fresh mango chutney, and roasted red peppers. Suddenly, we had color and conversation and a feast!

Happy Spring to you all! I guess I'm a little late with that...

4 comments:

Joyful said...

It's been lovely seeing your posts here again. It is always a good idea to keep your blog in case you want to visit it again ;-)

I do love your Easter table. Like you I am keeping things simple: roasted glazed ham, red garlic mashed potatoes, simple salad, apple pie and fresh strawberries and cream. Nothing like my mom used to do but it suits me.

Enjoy the Spring!

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

It was a stunning vintage Easter table! I covet that tablecloth!

Spring has most definitely been beautiful here. When we take our early pre-dawn walk, we're surrounded by what can only be described as a tropical vibe. Such rich floral scents - especially the honeysuckle & chinaberry, both in full bloom right now... it's hard to believe I'm walking in the middle of a desert!

And my sister's garden (yours!) is a show-stopper. There are frequent mini traffic jams on Lopez Road this time of year with all the cars slowing down to admire it.

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

A wonderful feast -- and good friends. Perfect. I forgot to say in the post above that I agree with your hen -- every egg is a work of art even in its natural state.