Saturday, October 14, 2017

CATastrophe Averted

Deep into family history research last night, I was only dimly aware of thumping sounds from the other room. When I finally surfaced from the 18th century, I found Henry the kitten tearing around the living room wrapped in yarn and dragging my almost fully knit sweater behind him. It was an exciting and stimulating discovery for me, and quite an embarrassment for Henry.
All is well once again. Henry was extricated from behind the sofa and the yarn unwound from his back foot. The sweater was fished out from behind the TV, somewhat dusty but miraculously still on the needles. My skein of yarn will never look the same. The knitting bag was locked in the closet for the night and tired little Henry went to sleep with a dreamy little smile on his face.

No photos were taken during all the excitement, but here is the untangling process well underway this morning. 



A colorful project unharmed and just a few more inches to go.
Note: Also makes a good dust cloth. 

9 comments:

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

Thank goodness for circular needles - they protected all of your beautiful hard work!!!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Ah yes, the wonderfulness of kitty cats. They are so creative with their ideas of play. So glad your beautiful work was spared. Gotta love sweet kittens. xoxo Oma Linda

Mrs Shoes said...

Didn't really need photos to have me laughing at the scenario!!

Joyful said...

I love your new header. The light is so cosy and warm. I'm glad you were able to untangle and salvage your new sweater. It looks like it is a going to be a beauty.

Margie's Musings said...

It's a wonder the sweater wasn't ruined! Cats!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh Henry! That one is going to keep you on your toes. so glad you were able to save your beautiful work.

Nan said...

Must have been scary for the little fellow.

clairz said...

Oh, Nan, I think he enjoyed it. Now I carry my knitting with me everywhere when it isn't locked in a closet. Even to the bathroom. Lesson learned.

Owlfarmer said...

I haven't visited your blog for awhile, but am glad I re-found it. I sympathize with the cat/yarn adventures, having endured quite a few in my time. Now, though, our Emma is too sedate indoors, and outdoors too preoccupied with the marauding squirrels to bother with yarn balls any more.

Your knitting projects are far more adventurous than mine (I only do stripes, it seems, except for crocheted things), and I do admire your sweater. Glad Henry didn't mangle it!