Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Embellishing the Van Gogh Bathroom

As I have mentioned before, I have a small rustic bathroom designed around a Van Gogh shower curtain from Cafe Press. Over the Christmas holidays I had a special morning out with my son for some leisurely shopping and lunch. Along the way, I picked up a used copy of Van Gogh's Van Goghs from our much-beloved local bookstore, Coas Books.

I've been carefully removing prints from the book. After painting and refurbishing old picture frames and putting everything together, I had 14 new pictures to hang in the tiny bathroom. I also moved in a couple of larger prints from other parts of the house and got some help with the ladder work from my ever-obliging husband.

How much art can a tiny space hold? See what you think of the results. I've already spotted some space for a few more pictures...






The reflected shower curtain makes it hard to show this print of Cafe Terrace

The shower curtain that started it all


Detail: Postcard from my friend, Helen; and Vince Mints container from my sister

To the left of the sink...

... and to the right of the sink

Mexican metal bird hanger displaying necklaces--almost all made my sister

View in the mirror

No comments: