Monday, November 30, 2009

A New Point of View


Dawn from my Clovis porch

Yikes!

It seems that for a very long time this green metal building showed up in my shots of the prairie sky in Clovis, New Mexico. And why not? It was the first thing I saw when stepping out on my front porch. I kind of liked the expression on its face, especially in the second shot, where it seems to be saying "yikes!" about the incoming weather.

Things have changed, now that we are in a very different part of New Mexico. Now I have a choice of views: The Organ Mountains to the east (this is the view from my pillow--mountains, sky, and city lights!), and Picacho Peak to the west. I like the change, even if my Organ photo is a smeary one--I was so excited to be seeing such a beautiful dawn through that tree branch that I messed up the photo. I'll get better, I promise.

The Organ Mountains: The first thing I see in the morning, and the last at night

Picacho Peak at the end of our road

6 comments:

JC said...

That is a very nice view ...
And, the building does look likes it had a face ...

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I do love the look on the building's face! what a hoot! And you do have lovely views now, that's terrific!

Have a great week, Clariz!

Sylvia

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That building is cool! But your new point of views are truly wonderful. Enjoy!

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

That is a Gumby building, isn't it? It is cute, but I like your new view better.

Anonymous said...

That is a Gumby building, isn't it? It is cute, but I like your new view better.

Judy said...

That first shot is just beautiful and I love that expression from the green building. Glad you are all settled in your new place. You sure do have some lovely views!