Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We're Here!

We had our real estate closing last Wednesday afternoon and finally got the keys to the new house. Ever since then we've been pulling boxes and furniture across the lawn from the garage where they were stored when we cleared out the big truck. In between we pretty much just sit outside and look at the mountains and congratulate ourselves on our great good luck.

We keep promising ourselves a complete day of rest and I hope today turns out to be it. I plan to do more posting as soon as I can drag myself away from the thrills of unpacking.

We finally got our cable/internet hooked up yesterday, so we are no longer feeling so disconnected. I've got lots of photos to share but can't locate the USB cable at the moment. I suppose that means unpacking yet another box. You know how things get when you are moving--we started out so organized, with meticulously labeled boxes. Toward the end there everything seemed to fall apart and chaos set in. In my exhaustion, I labelled a box of baby books and high school yearbooks as "under the kitchen sink stuff."

Any idea where I might find the cables and wires? Perhaps in that box with the fetching label that says baby books/cat litter scoop/tea pots. Oh, dear...

Can't wait to show you my morning walk around the neighborhood!

5 comments:

JC said...

Moving is so much fun !!!
Can't wait to see your new photos ...

Sylvia K said...

Really happy for you guys and the new house! Really look forward to your photos so we can take a tour!! I can do without moving, but the end result is usually worth the effort!

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving in your new home!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving in your adobe home.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats! You have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

~Lisa

Beth said...

Hi, Clair. I'm so glad your move went relatively smoothly and that you're happy in your new home. Ha, ha...I can SO relate to the last minute chaos of packing and moving. We ALWAYS run out of boxes and resort to putting stuff in anything we can find---grocery bags, pillowcases, etc. And as far as the labeling on those last-minute boxes? I always just put "miscellaneous." :-)