Monday, November 15, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Basketball?

The first time Beez bought New Mexico State University basketball tickets, I thought he was nuts. Now, I wouldn't miss a game. These photos were taken before a recent exhibition game. Good seats! Great view!


The cheerleaders are amazing, but it scares me to watch them in action. I'm too old to even watch that stuff. 


NMSU men's team warming up


I really like living in a university town. We are just beginning to tap into the cultural and entertainment possibilities. Next up: Museums! Art galleries!

7 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

New Mexico vs New Mexico State was always a great game when I attended UNM. Don't the Aggies have a big rivalry with UTEP also?

There is nothing like college basketball.

JC said...

You are having too much fun .. LOL

Linda said...

There has been a debate here recently in the broadsheet press about the 'invasion' of cheerleading to the UK. There's a view that it's inappropriate for young girls, in that it's a display of sexual behaviour. They're talking about pre-teens. I don't know at what age girls get involved in cheerleading in the US?

clairz said...

Linda, it seems to me that little girls here around 4th grade (9 or 10 years old) who are so inclined start going to cheerleading lessons.

These college-age cheerleaders seem to have just one trick--the girls stand in the air on the hands of the guys and wave their arms around and that's the scary part for me, as I'm always afraid that they will fall (or embarrassed that the guys holding them will look up). The rest of the time they are tugging at their tiny skirts, trying to pull them back into place.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Lucky you! Sounds like fun...but take your camera! You just never know....

Quiet Paths said...

Woohoo where did you get them tomatoes!
Great shots!

clairz said...

Quiet, I saw those tomatoes at the Farmers Market--they looked like art to me!