Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Contest Winner!

As I mentioned last week, I won a contest and was just waiting to receive the prize. It arrived, and here it is: A Hungry Hound Handcrafted Feeder from Pam of Life on a Southern Farm.

The feeder is beautifully made by Pam's husband, FarmMan, and it holds 15 lbs. of dry dog food. You can order one for your dog and several more for gifts--just scroll down on the right side of Pam's home page and click on the picture of Jill, FarmDog Extraordinaire, modeling her own feeder.

Thank you, Pam and FarmMan!

Our dogs love their new feeder, as you will see.

Leny loved the feeder at first sight

So did Little Pete, but he was hampered by that pesky lampshade thing he has worn since his recent Necessary Operation. He tried and tried, but couldn't manage to get a single mouthful.

Poor Pete, what could he do? Not one to admit defeat, he thought about the problem for a bit...

... then ate a piece of rug instead.


7 comments:

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

Congratulations to you on your beautiful new feeder. And congratulation to Little Pete on his ingenuity. Condolences to your rug.

Anonymous said...

Aww... poor Pete! How cool that you won Pam's contest, by the way. FarmMan's feeders are very cool. :)

the7msn said...

Oh, for Pete's sake...

Tile looks great!

becky said...

congrats on your win! very cool feeder. Ah, poor little Pete! he is still so cute, even w/ that contraption on his head!

JC said...

I love the new feeder and Pete is still cute.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I think I'd chew on a rug in frustration, too. Poor Pete. lol!

Great dog feeder. Pam and her hubby are amazing! I won a 6 nest house for my chicken flock last Spring. My chickens love it and lay me lots of delicious beautiful eggs to tell me thank you :)

I want to order some of Pam's lovely goats milk soap soon, too. Don't you love supporting hard working farmer families?

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning that great feeder. Your Pete is one funny doggie!