Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa and Me, Part 3

This post first appeared on my family history blog, Remember.

*****

Well, you've seen Santa terrorizing my tiny little brother-in-law-to-be (see Santa and Me, Part 1 and Part 2). Now it's my turn. Here I am, in one of my mom's spectacular home-sewn coat and hat sets. I might not have been screaming my head off but, believe me, the fear is there under the surface. I am pointing out my parents, in the hope that they will remember to come and get me off. this. man's. lap.


A year or two later, I am still calling out to my parents, with hope and fear and thoughts of abandonment. 

However, I continued to believe in Santa, as this corny staged photo shows. My dad got me to explain to my dog, Pete, how Santa was going to bring the presents to our house--right down the chimney, of course!


Generation after generation, we continue the Santa tradition, and I'll bet you do, too. Here are grandchildren Isabella, Mason, and little Chris. Mason does what all frightened children do--he grabs onto his ears, just in case Santa has thoughts of stealing them away.

Santa terrorizing Mason

3 comments:

the7msn said...

And all these years later, Santa continues to terrorize you... saw this one yesterday:
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/contests/awkward-holiday-photo-contest/the-imposter/

JC said...

It's the ears that will save him ... that's for sure. You made me laugh with that one.

Enjoy your Holiday Season. I've been so busy lately that I don't visit as much as I used to.

becky said...

Very cute photos Clair. I don't have any with me & santa when I was younger, though my friend & I did run into santa on a hike once & we had our pic taken with him. Drats- it's in storage somewhere in a box in calif!