Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Shroud for Auntie Bucksnort, Revisited


I first published this post a couple of days ago with some woefully unfocused photos. I took a new batch of photos this morning (thanks to a patient Bucksnort) and am trying once again. 


I suppose you might call our family irreverent. We laugh at everything, appropriately or inappropriately. When Uncle Buck mistakenly referred to the new shrug I knit for my sister as a shroud, we loved it, and that's what we'll be calling it from now on. For a shroud, it's got some mighty bright colors, and sequins, too.






This is the second in a series of three shrouds/shrugs that I am making for Auntie Bucksnort. You can see the first one here. I keep fooling around with the basic pattern (Dream Shrug) and used a chevron lace stitch for this version, which is made from the brilliantly-hued Yarn Bee Diva Sequin Yarn in the Denali color way. Look closely and,you can see the sequins that appear randomly. 

A shroud with sequins? We should all be so lucky.



7 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your sister is lucky! It's beautiful no matter what you call it. And if I ever need a shroud (when?) I want it to have sequins!!

Joyful said...

It's a beautiful shroud. I agree with Sally that your sister is lucky!

Kate said...

Definitely a Southwest "shroud" because of the bright colors. You are a talented woman!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful, though I confess to never having heard of a "shrug" before now! :)

Linda said...

Gorgeous - and a nice high collar for those bitter winter winds - or draughts if you don't have cold winter winds!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Dropped over via 7MSN. FUN blog! Is there a way to "follow"...that I'm missing?

clairz said...

Cynthiana, crazysheeplady, thank you for dropping by and for giving me that nudge. I've added a "follow by email" gadget on the the right side, part way down. I was always too shy to put one on the blog because I was afraid that no one would use it!