Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Cleaning, My Way


I keep a relatively neat house, but I only like to clean the middles of rooms, so it's a good thing that spring is here at last. I guess I really do a sort of spring cleaning, but the only way I can get it accomplished is by painting. I pull everything out of the room, paint the walls, and only put clean things back in. It works for me.

I should have taken "before" photos of this room. It was painted lavender--not a color I'm fond of--by the former owners and it had some poorly executed stencils of butterflies along the top of the wall. I used to keep the door shut so I wouldn't have to look at it. Now, with its nice fresh map-water blue paint and shabby chic decor (lace, quilts, painted furniture, lots of recycled stuff) pulled together from things I had here and there, it's my favorite room. 

Miss Emma likes it, too, as you can see. She insisted on posing for you.

No comments: