Sunday, March 8, 2009

Books Read in 2009


I am borrowing this idea from Nan of Letters from a Hill Farm, a blog you will love. I am going to keep track of all the books I read and will add to this page from time to time.

I have written on this blog about the books that are underlined; just click to see the post. To read reviews by other people of all the books and to see everything I've read in the past few years, plus a list of what I plan to read, see my Shelfari Bookshelf. You and I just might have the same taste in books. Who knows?

Forgive me for not capitalizing every word in the book titles; that's just the way librarians are trained to do it and I can't seem to break the habit.

Agee: River wife



Boylan: I'm looking through you

Burke: Swan Peak

Child, Julia: My life in France

Cooper, Anderson: Dispatches from the edge; a memoir of war, disasters, and survival

Coulter: The edge

Coulter: Hemlock Bay

Delany: Scare the light away


Doig: Dancing at the Rascal Fair

Doig: English Creek



Fink: Bipolar disorder for dummies

Foer: Everything is illuminated; a novel


Friedman:: The world is flat



George: Careless in red

Gilbert: Eat, pray, love

Haigh: Baker Towers

Haigh: Mrs. Kimble

Hoffman: Probable future

Hosseini: Kite runner

Hosseini: A thousand splendid suns


Kellerman: Bones


Kinney: Diary of a wimpy kid; Rodrick rules

Kostova: The historian

LaFarge: The mother ditch

Lahir: The namesake

Letts: Made in the U.S.A.

Marriott: The valley below







Montgomery: The good, good pig

Oates: The gravedigger's daughter

Pecos, Gateway to Pueblo & Plain; The Anthology

Petterson: Out stealing horses

Picoult: Harvesting the heart

Pillsbury: Adobe doorways

Pillsbury: No high adobe

Proulx: Brokeback Mountain

Read: A fortunate grandchild

Read: Time remembered


Robinson: Gilead

Romero: Adobe; Building and living with earth

Romero: Flora's Kitchen

Rowling: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (read it again)

Rowling: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (read it again)

Rowling: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (read it again)

Rowling: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (read it again)

Rowling: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Rowling: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (read it again)

Rowling: Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone (read it again)

Rubio: Icy Sparks


Sebold: Lovely bones

Sebold: Lucky

Stedman: Adobe remodeling & fireplaces

Stewart: Dead wrong




West: Mad girls in love

Wettlin: Fifty Russian winters; an American woman's life in the Soviet Union


Winspear: Birds of a feather

Winspear: Maisie Dobbs

Witynski: Casa adobe



4 comments:

The Unadorned said...

Hi,

Two of the books from the list I could read are Hooseni's "Kite Runner" and Friedman's "The World is Flat".

I read Friedman's book only recently amidst the ambiance of despondency set in by the recession. Friedman seems to be sanguine giving an impression that everything would fall in place because the world has flattened and whatever has not been so, they will in due course. Time vindicated otherwise.

Otherwise the book is a page-turner. A general purpose book has been presented with the readability of a fiction. It is highly informative, cogently argued and it leaves impact on the readers.

I've reviewed the book on my blog. You may have a look.

Thanks
Nanda
http://ramblingnanda.blogspot.com

Akkire said...

hey clair. have you thought of using Goodreads.com or Shelfari to do this? That way they track it for you and show the book covers, and you can add a review if you'd like too.

clairz said...

Erikka, I do use Shelfari faithfully. My lists are always updated there. You can see my Shelfari shelf of books I am currently reading on the left side of this page if you scroll way down.

I just wanted to keep an easily accessible list on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Clair,
I read "Gilbert: Eat, pray, love" and since it was a good book that I had bought on eBay, I gave it to someone else who loves to read. For most of the past year, I have read at least one book a night ~~ always nonfiction with some exceptions. I read alot of memoirs and some travel books. I liked the excerpt that you included in your blog; that was a sweet albeit sad story. Nonetheless, very easy to visualize. Northanna_2001@yahoo.com (Suzanne)