Thursday, August 6, 2009

Road Trip to Santa Fe for Skywatch Friday




I am falling in love with New Mexico. It has taken me long enough, but our recent road trips have sealed the deal for me. I first knew only the state's southern deserts and, though I tried very hard, they looked like a lot of rocks and dirt to me. Lately, though, we've spent a bit of time road tripping through some of the central and northern parts of the state, and I can't get the wonderful sights out of my mind.

These photos were taken last weekend as we approached Santa Fe from the south on Route 285. The company was good, the hot day was perfect, the mountains were blue, and the skies were amazing.

For more amazing skies all over the world, be sure to visit Skywatch Friday.

17 comments:

James said...

I drove through New Mexico a few years ago and I really enjoyed the scenery Just as I enjoy your pictures.

Diane AZ said...

Beautiful clouds, blue mountains and golden grasses! I've never been to New Mexico; it looks lovely in your pictures.

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful skies, lovely shots, Clariz! Reminds me of the trips I've made through New Mexico! It does grow on you!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

nonizamboni said...

The lay of the land in N.Mexico is so unique and beautiful. You've captured it nicely. . .makes me want to visit some time.
Happy Friday.

Jim said...

Great desert scenes.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Anonymous said...

Wow - these photos are breathtaking! I live in a place where it's rare to see so much sky. You're very lucky to actually have been there - thanks for sharing them.

Deborah Godin said...

I can see why you're falling in love...that light is so clear and hyper-real...like nothing else!

Regina said...

Nice road trip. Beautiful shot.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Nice photos! Love road pictures and I would love to know New Mexico.
Happy Skywatch day!

Anonymous said...

lovely photo!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great pictures. I love New Mexico also. I was born in Espanola and lived in Coyote and Albuquerque.

D Herrod said...

Very pretty. It took me a while to learn that the desert was beautiful not a dry baron place.

TR Ryan said...

Beautiful SkyWatch - that was my home for nearly 15 years.

Janet said...

Lots of big sky out there! Perfect for sunrises and sunsets.

Unknown said...

I moved from Arizona to New England, the reverse ... but now I live in Florida.

Melusine said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful landscape!
Thanks for stopping by my place :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

New Mexico is my heart. I've called her my home now for over 17 years. Those photos are views I see almost daily. And I agree about the amazing beauty of the Northern part of our state. I hope to retire up there someday...or get a little cabin to spend quiet moments.

~Lisa