Thursday, August 27, 2009

Santa Fe Skies and Buildings for Skywatch


I've been posting photos of Santa Fe all week, taken during a recent and all too quick visit. I wish the pictures could convey the very peaceful and quiet feeling of the downtown area. There are beautiful, shady trees and amazing flowers everywhere. The tiny streets were fairly empty in the early morning when we were there. The smells were amazing--clean air, pine trees, flowers, and the occasional whiff of breakfast cooking in the restaurants as we passed.

I can't wait to see the city in all of the seasons, especially at Christmas time.

For city and country skies around the world, be sure to go to Skywatch Friday.


The flowers at this motel stopped me in my tracks!

Cemetery entrance. I wish that I had taken this photo from another angle. Next time...

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Marvelous shots of a lovely city! So glad you got to spend time there and know you look forward to going again!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

James said...

Great pictures. I'm trying to figure out which one I like best.

SandyCarlson said...

Such a very beautiful place. Those flowers are amazing.

Deborah Godin said...

The light behind the church is gorgeous, like 'glory'!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. Keep them coming! How far are you from Santa Fe?

clairz said...

Fourwinds, right now we are 4 hours from Santa Fe, but our house is for sale. If the plans work out, we'll be located 20 minutes outside SF and I will be able to visit to my heart's content.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

And don't forget Santa Fe in the Fall, too. Walk beside the river and gasp at the beauty of the golden yellow cottonwood leaves glowing brightly sunlit from the sky above. Everything reminds me of a painting or a lifesize sculpture...and you get to be IN it!

Lovely photos!

~Lisa