Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Batting Practice at Fenway

Continuing the story of our trip by rail to Boston (all posts are indexed here, for those of you who just can't get enough of other people's endless vacation pictures):

We were so close!

L. to R.: Maybe Dustin Pedroia, Carl Crawford, and ***Jacoby Ellsbury***

"The Captain," Jason Varitek, and Jacoby E.

Jacoby

Thank goodness Beez was a Red Sox fan, otherwise I couldn't have married him thirty years ago!


I just couldn't shoot enough pix of Jacoby Ellsbury, my favorite player

Youk!

Youk, again!

Right after I got this shot, my camera lens jammed. Can you believe it? Our seats were just above Jacoby in the outfield and I couldn't take a single photo.

This board above later carried a message: "She said YES!" even though I didn't get that shot.

5 comments:

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

Youk Youk Youk!!!!!

JC said...

I am so sorry about your camera. At least you were there ... memories ... got to love em. You need to plan to go back with a new camera this time.

(It's like when I hiked Bryce Canyon for the first time. Big time stuff for me. My H .. then my bf ... decided to clean out the car when we were in Vegas. We were on the first road trip together. He ended up throwing out the film and there was no proof that I'd done all that hiking. I've been back three or more times just to take those pictures again. Just saying ...)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Bummer bout the camera -- glad that billboard story had a happy ending! And glad your hubby was a fan of the right team ;>)

becky said...

How fun to see all your favorite players of your favorite team, up close & personal! Aiiii! Sorry about the cam-jam... bummer!

charlotte g said...

Faunny. It's as if I was seeing a culture in another world. I don't "do" baseball, but this was far more than that. It was culture and tradition and a way of life I know nothing about.

How I thank you!