Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bertie Knits

Bertie Pierre, though just a small dog, has a vast capacity for big adventures. Why, just this morning as I was having a second cup of coffee, he enrolled Gracie the cat in Knitting Lessons. (Click any photo to enlarge it).

Bertie surveys his work-in-progress under Weetzie's disapproving gaze. Note that Gracie is nowhere in sight. She was later found vigorously washing her shoulders, far from this scene.

When I suggested that he was perhaps the only culprit and that there were, in fact, no actual Knitting Lessons, I got this response: "Who, me?"

Cleaning up the mess was a lot of work. Poor little Bertie was completely exhausted and ready for a nap, although it was still only 7:30 AM.

With the yarn all gathered and the mess all tidied, Bertie suddenly spied the crochet hook. "Yoo hoo, oh, Gracie, want to take some Crocheting Lessons?"
For all of Bertie's adventures, click here.


Beth said...

Hee, hee...I'm really enjoying the Bertie/Gracie adventures, Clair. I love the expression on Bertie's face in that second picture. And he looks so innocent in the third one---like a perfect angel.

What a great story! Or should I say "yarn"? :-)

Rain said...

That's really cute :)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Cute. :-) Can't turn you back for a second, huh?