Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bertie Naps

Bertie leads a very busy and energetic life for such a small dog. In the afternoon, he is ready for a little rest.


Nap time, Bertie! Tired little Bertie Pierre climbs into bed, his eyes barely open. I tiptoe away to read my book in peace while little Bertie takes a nap.




Hey! Bertie has an idea! He thinks that Weetzie should sing a lullaby to him to help him fall to sleep. To help Weets, he shows her where the lullaby should be coming out.


It turns out that Bertie would like to sing, too. So they sing...



...and sing...




There, I've finished my book. I tiptoe into the room to find that sleepy little Bertie is just waking up from his nap. Wake up, little Bert, it's time to play!

***


5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Ah, what would we do without our four-legged friends! Yours are soooo cute! You should post them on Pet Pride on the weekends, they would surely get lots of attention!

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

I read this story five times. So adorable. You have a real gift. Bertie's entertainment value is immeasurable.

Beth said...

I love your Bertie stories, Clair. The third photo of Bertie and Weetzie made me laugh out loud. That Bertie is quite the character!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

In that babysiter photo is Bert on his head? lol! Too funny! With your captions, you made me laugh right out loud.

~Lisa

Northanna said...

Your stories about Bertie are so funny! I just love them and laugh every time I read them. Your air of comedy and talent with writing makes these stories very funny.