Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Blog Anniversary

In our family, we are so casual about birthdays and anniversaries that we generally miss them and end up celebrating whenever we remember. It's not surprising, therefore, that although I marked it on calendars and scheduled email reminders to be sent to myself, I almost completely missed an important occasion (to me, anyway):

It's the 2nd anniversary of The Zees Go West!

I am certainly surprised that the blog has reached this milestone. I can clearly remember sitting in The Seedy Motel when we first arrived in Clovis, typing out my first post, Aux Arcs and Beyond, on July 5, 2007, and thinking, I'll never come up with anything else to post about.

You wish!

Since then, I've written 494 posts on subjects ranging from adobe houses to Zunis, from the White Sands Missile Range to Bottomless Lakes State Park, from life in a colonial New England home to the life of ancient desert peoples in New Mexico. Scanning through the post labels, I see subject headings for The Geneva Conventions, Alzheimer's Disease, and one called (gulp!) "ravings."

Along the way, I've done a lot of traveling, a ton of photography, a huge amount of reading and research, and I've learned a lot. I've had a lot of fun and I hope you have, too. As of today's count, the blog has received almost 12,800 visits since I installed the counter in October 2008, so someone must be reading all this stuff!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary to your blog, Clair! I am certainly reading and will continue to do so. I've enjoyed your writing very much.

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

Many happy returns of the year... after year after year after year. We're addicted. Never stop.

p.s. That's a beautiful photograph!

Judy said...

Congratulations Clairz, I have enjoyed your blog very much and loved reading the posts about your house in New England. It amazes me, too, at some of the subjects we bloggers come up with and post about. Keep up the good work!