Friday, April 22, 2011

On Earth Day 2011

Oh, dear Earth 
Some people complain that recycling is just too hard to do 
We love to recycle so much that we risk our all for you 

***

This is the sign we see when we take our yard waste to be chopped up and made into compost at the recycling place out in the desert:


As Beez says, these rattlesnakes must be extra-extra snakey, as they warrant the two-word title of Rattle Snakes. I don't know--I'm picturing a desert cha-cha rhythm band, complete with gourd rattles and tambourines. I'll let you know if I see them.

7 comments:

becky said...

Happy Earth Day, Clair! Glad you are doing something good for our planet!
:)

Joyful said...

Cute post. I'm glad you are so committed to keeping the earth for future generations. The more we can do the better for our planet.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

You are brave...and a poet! Very clever today, Clair. You make me proud!

Anonymous said...

Up-close encounters with rattlers have been some of the most terrifying moments of my life, perhaps because of the "surprise factor" of having them be up waist high in bushes!

Happy Earth Day (and Happy Easter, as I'm typing this on Sunday!)

clairz said...

Thank you all for your comments, and Happy Easter, too!

Cunning, I wish you hadn't said that. I can be all jokey about rattlers I have never run into but in my worst imaginings they were always down there on the ground. Good grief, this is a picture that will never leave my mind--waist-deep in rattlers!!!

Linda said...

I can just see that little band popping up and seranading you!

Ms. Becky said...

well, I guess it's a good thing that they warn you. A belated happy Earth Day to you. I love your new header photo. it's extraordinary. have a great week.