Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What's in the Garden, Mid-April


These smell so good

I love this petunia, called Antique Shades

Double Delight rose.
Those tattered hollyhock leaves got that way because of certain cats hunting lizards underneath. There's a whole lot of leaping going on.

Verbena

I'm very excited about these hollyhocks, which are my first. Last year, as biennials do, they put out lots of leaves. This year they are shooting up, growing inches in a day and are loaded with flower buds that will bloom in shades of pink, rose, and burgundy. These plants come up to my chin now.
Thank you, Diane, for the seeds! 

Here is beautiful Gracie, part of the lizard patrol. 

4 comments:

Joyful said...

The garden looks great. For us it will still be awhile before the warm weather stays and blossoms thrive. I'd love some hollyhocks in my garden too so be sure to show us pictures when they are fully grown.

JC said...

I'm jelly about the flowers. I so far have weeds. The cat is so cute ... looks so much like my Lilly Ann. I'm sure I've told you that before.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

You have such pretty flowers already! We are quite a while away from roses, for sure; we're still in the tulip stage. I think I'm heading out to get me ferns for the porch this weekend, though, as we probably won't have another hard freeze (or I can take them in if necessary). Oh...beautiful kitty!!

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

Beautiful flowers and beautiful Gracie!