Monday, July 12, 2010

What I See in the Morning*

Fragrant odor of the dawn,
Sweet incense to waking souls
While the fresh dew spreads the lawn
And your spirit day controls
Let me, underneath this tree
Standing, be possessed of thee.
~James Herbert Morse


This is what I see each day when I let the dogs and cats out for their morning constitutional. It is so beautiful and cool at this early hour.

I'm really posting this for those of you who picture the desert as a sandy, empty, and desolate place. Who knew that a place called the Chihuahuan Desert could look like this?

I feel so lucky to live here.

*Maybe I should have called this post What I See in the Morning Before I Put on My Glasses. Looks a little blurry, doesn't it?

6 comments:

nonizamboni said...

A perfectly beautiful morning shot. And it warms my heart to know you love where you live.

Beth said...

So pretty, Clair. I love the golden slant of light that comes early and late in the day.

Any blurriness doens't matter---it's lovely as it is. Sort of like an impressionist painting.

JC said...

I think your view is amazing !!!

I love your photos. I love hearing all about your adventures and I love your blog name.

Could use more photos of your dogs though and your pretty cats too.

Just saying ...

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

I agree Beth, very impressionistic. Beautiful!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, it is such a pleasure to visit yours and daydream about New Mexico on this sticky humid day!

Sandy ~~~ said...

Beautiful...and yes, I know about "deserts" not being deserts. It'll be our little secret, OK?