Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Too Good to Miss; Blogs This Morning

Blue Ridge Blue Collar Girl has written this morning about what she would do if she were God--one of the things would be "every time a politician lies to the American public, I’d make their noses grow longer like Pinocchio. Right there on national television." Read the rest of the essay, A Message in the Grass.

And Sylvia, over at The View From Over the Hill, shares Garrison Keillor's GOP; It's Just Like High School. It starts out with this observation: So the Republicans have decided to run against themselves. The bums have tiptoed out the back door and circled around to the front and started yelling, "Throw the bums out!" They've been running Washington like a well-oiled machine to the point of inviting lobbyists into the back rooms to write the legislation, and now they are anti-establishment reformers dedicated to delivering us from themselves.

This is a piece that I wish the Republicans would read--they don't trust us Leftist Dems or the Liberal Media to point out what is right under their noses, but everybody trusts Garrison Keillor, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Clairz---thanks so much for the mention. I've enjoyed perusing your blog. You are a very good writer. And darn funny, too.

And, for what it's worth, I've read all of Haven Kimmel's books and liked the very first one I ever read the best--A Girl Named Zippy. I believe she may have written a childen's book, too. But I haven't read that. Which, I suppose, means I haven't actually read ALL her books--just the adult ones. :-)