Thursday, August 28, 2008

What a Revelation!

I took the advice of many fellow-bloggers and switched from cable news coverage of the Democratic National Convention to start watching it on C-SPAN. What a relief! No more straining to hear speeches while scene-grabbing blathering "analysts" talk over the real action. Finally, a chance to hear what the convention delegates hear, in order, and without comment or incessant commercial breaks.

Those cable people think somehow that they are the news. Thanks to my blog friends, I had a chance to watch the real thing.

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I second that, I've switched to C-Span as well. The media is just going over the top these days and I'm wearing out my mute button, now I won't have to buy a new remote!

Margie's Musings said...

I watch it on PBS where all the pundits make sense.

Margie's Musings said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Towanda said...

Glad you have found C-SPAN, clairz. As a political junkie, it has been my mainstay for years now, being able to actually watch events without the "noise" of the commentators talking over the top. It's great for all political speeches and events ... and for watching sessions of Congress / Senate, and the countless congressional hearings. You learn a lot through C-CPAN and it is all through forming your OWN opinions about what is happening.

Linda said...

I don't think I'll ever watch the cable channels anymore. C-Span is so nice. I'm so sick of people telling me what to think.