Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Morning Glories

This is the sky that greeted me this morning. 


It's monsoon season here in the desert. This is the fourth wettest year on record, so far. That means lots of clouds, which make for interesting photos. 

Yesterday, the sun was just breaking through some gloomy morning clouds. As long as those clouds bring rain, we are happy to have them here. 


The day before that, the morning clouds were echoing the shapes of the mountains again


And this is the friend I see on my morning walks, the little goat who lives on the other side of the orchard from us and who likes to climb trees. I was ready to get a photo of him doing just that, but this time he decided to teeter on top of his fence instead. 

If you peer through the pecan orchard, you can make out a part of our garage roof on the left. Whenever I go out to see the chickens or to tend to the garden, this little goat calls to me and I say hello back to him. 


4 comments:

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

Idyllic! This is such a beautiful time of year - so green!

Mrs Shoes said...

Oh my, his little halter. Looks like he'd have no problems hopping over the fence into your place.

Margie's Musings said...

What neat photos and what a lovely sky!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The sky is beautiful and the rain is certainly keeping it green and pretty. And it's good you are able to get out for a daily walk even if it rains a lot. Goats are s funny the way they like to climb on things.