Monday, September 18, 2023

Stonehenge

I have always wanted to visit Stonehenge. I just never expected to do it as part of a cruise/bus tour when I was 78, but though the trip was not the one I would have made in my younger days, I am so glad to have seen this strange and mysterious place. 



The stones were smaller than I expected, but as amazing as I'd hoped they be. Built 4500 years ago, before the wheel was discovered, they are now a World Heritage Site

This bird was enjoying the view of the tourists

Neighbors to the stones

The reality of visiting the stones on a rare sunny day--lots and lots of other people
were also fulfilling their lifelong dream

And this was the line to get back on the shuttle
that took us back to the line to get onto the bus
that took us back to the line to get back on the ship


While standing in the various lines under that gorgeous blue sky, we had time to admire the lovely native shrubs that grew between fields and along pathways. The birds and insects loved them and so did we
Maybe a highbush cranberry?





Elderberry?










No comments: