Friday, September 4, 2009

Where Oh Where Has My Little Bertie Gone?

I was really having a good time posting various Bertie adventures on this blog. That sweet little Bertie, what a boy, so cute, so absolutely adorable... For quite some time now, however, I haven't been able to tell you much about our boy because... well... Bertie has entered adolescence.

Bertie in more innocent days, snuggling with Leny and the poor old sock monkey

You know how it happens with kids. A once sweet and biddable child suddenly gives you The Look--you know the one--that rolling-eyes look that tells you that you have no idea what you are talking about and that you dress funny, too. You suddenly realize that your child, who was a good and loving friend just the day before, no longer wants to be seen with you, or anywhere near you.

And so it is, apparently, with a tiny adolescent chihuahua-mix boy pup. One day he's all about the treats and sitting on laps and wanting attention. The next day he's giving you The Look and the realization sinks in that he is focused on one thing and one thing only. I hesitate to even whisper it here on this G-rated blog. It's (ahem) S-E-X.

See what I mean? The X-rated pose and The Look that says "What???"

*****

1 comment:

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

And THIS is how I got my name... Auntie Bucksnort. That last photo made me bucksnort my morning coffee!