Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Digital Challenge: The Results

Last week I told you that Linda from the 7MSN Ranch blog had offered to edit one photo each for a group of her readers. In that post, I offered Linda a choice of either of these:



Linda chose, instead, the photo that I have been using as the header. Those poles and wires really bothered her. I deal with them every day, because they are situated squarely between me and the view I love to photograph. When the shot comes so early in the morning that I haven't even gotten dressed, I just shoot away from the patio in my nightie--otherwise, if I'm dressed I just run past the pole before taking the shot. But I'm not so great at photo editing and end up with distracting details that clutter up the picture, including the reflection of the stop sign in the water.

First, the photo as it came out of the camera...



... and after I had added a bit of the color that I actually saw when taking the photo--but still cluttered with the wires and poles and reflected stop sign:



Now, ta-dah! Just take a look at what Linda has achieved with her magic:


She is an inspiration--I want to learn more about photo editing so I can work some magic, too! I'll let you know as soon as Linda starts posting the other photos she has been working on. In the meantime, you will learn lots about photography, editing, ranch life, and will get to meet her wonderful companions if you visit the 7 MSN Ranch every day.

Later note: The first of Linda's Touch-it-up-Thursday (later changed to Touch-it-up-Tuesday) posts can be seen here.

***
Don't forget to keep voting every day in the New Mexico Day of Enchantment Photo Contest, which is continuing to the end of June.

2 comments:

the7msn said...

I had no idea you added the color to the original image! It looked perfectly natural and New Mexico to me.

JC said...

Supposedly my photo shop does the erase thing but I haven't tried it yet. Your photo looks fabulous darlings ...