Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just a Few Thoughts


To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. ~Elbert Hubbard


I am thankful for all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech. ~Nancie J. Carmody


I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire


In America the majority raises formidable barriers around the liberty of opinion; within these barriers an author may write what he pleases, but woe to him if he goes beyond them. ~Alexis de Tocqueville


The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

3 comments:

JC said...

Gorgeous Photo !!!

Sylvia K said...

What true words and great thoughts, all of which we need to be reminded of -- these days in particular! Gorgeous capture, too! Hope your week is going well, Clairz!

Sylvia

nonizamboni said...

Oh, so true. All the division is making me feel a bit off key. Thanks for the great reminders!
p.s. And last week, thanks for sharing about your Fibinacci experience with your library visitors. I couldn't stop chuckling. Librarians are *resource*ful!