Monday, May 31, 2010

Lunch at Josefina's

Josefina's gate (back in December)
Josefina's Old Gate is another place down in Old Mesilla, the historical village just south of Las Cruces. We seem to be spending more and more time biking or wandering around the village, which has plenty of shopping, galleries, a crafts market on Sunday and Wednesday afternoons, and music on the Plaza. I'm especially fond of biking slowly along the back roads, looking at the old adobe homes and peeking into their gardens. Let me tell you, the place just oozes charm.

It is so charming at Josefina's, that I believe you could serve me just about anything out on the patio and I would be thrilled. It is everything that I want my patio at home to be--shady, peaceful, filled with flowers, trees, and the sound of water fountains and birdsong.

Although the menu is pretty short--Josefina's calls it "simple"--the sandwiches, soups, and desserts are fresh, delicious, and carefully prepared and served. The atmosphere is so relaxing that you feel you have all the time in the world to sit and chat and munch and sip. That's just what my friend, Helen, and I did the other day. It was a delightful lunch.

There is a small gift and antiques shop in another part of the building. Josefina's also serves as an inn for those lucky enough to stay.


Just a reminder: You can vote for any (or all) of my entries in the New Mexico Day of Enchantment photo contest every day. The camel, especially, needs your support as he was a late entry!

Go to the main page: http://www.dayofenchantment.com/. When you enter the site for the first time, you will be asked to register. Once you have done so, you can vote for any pix. My five are at http://www.dayofenchantment.com/entries/46443. Thanks for your help.

4 comments:

Diane AZ said...

Josefina's looks like a charming place to eat. I love the rustic gate, beautiful pictures!

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

What a magicl photo you have at the top of your blog! btw, I still can't figure out how to vote fr your photos. Can you post step-by-step instructions?

clairz said...

Go to the main page: http://www.dayofenchantment.com/. When you enter the site for the first time, you will be asked to register. Once you have done so, you can vote for any pix. My five are at http://www.dayofenchantment.com/entries/46443.

I can really use your votes! Five a day (one for each photo) every day until the end of June. Thank you.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds sublime!

I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch there.

~Lisa