Friday, May 1, 2009

More Bucksnort Art Around the House



I thought I'd share a couple more pieces of art done by our own Auntie Bucksnort, since she isn't likely to show you any (challenge, Auntie!) over on her blog. The first is a circular black embroidered piece that she designed and made several decades ago. When I mentioned how much I'd always admired it, I received it on loan as part of a traveling Bucksnort exhibit. It is hung on a green wall, which is why you see that halo of green around it in the photo.

The second photo is of a Bucksnort plate made of glass that has been fused and slumped. I think that is what I mean--separate pieces of glass are fused together, then shaped in a mold in a kiln (slumped). The process is described here. I am lucky enough to have quite a few of these pieces. Perhaps I'll photograph the rest of the collection for you. 

There is a fair bit of Bucksnort artwork scattered through this blog. You can find some more on these pages:




3 comments:

Beth said...

Your sister is a very talented artist. What a wonderful altar she built in Baby Angelina's honor---I know that must have meant a great deal to you. I'm very sorry for your loss, Clair.

clairz said...

Thank you for your kind words, Beth. Auntie Bucksnort has always helped me with dealing with that loss in concrete ways like making a Dias de los Muertos altar or planting a special little memorial garden.

I love knowing such a fine artist (and fine person), up close and personal!

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

"When I mentioned how much I'd always admired it, I received it on loan as part of a traveling Bucksnort exhibit."

You're as forgetful as I am. It's not on loan, I gave it to you on the one-year anniversary of your retirement so it's yours forever and ever, my dear sister.